SOAA would like to enhance our shows and increase sales by purchasing new show boards and lighting. To help defray the costs, we would like you to donate paintings for the new SOAA Mini-Master Fundraiser. SOAA is hoping for 5 Mini-Masters from every member who participates in our shows. These new displays and added shows will be a great benefit for members to sell their work. A win-win for all of us!
How does this work?
- Of course we would like all members to make donations of 5×7 Mini-Masters.
- These Mini Masters will be sold at SOAA art shows, art fairs and at local businesses and boutiques for $10 each.
- What are Mini-Masters? They can be originals, prints or giclees of watercolors, photography, pen and ink, silk screen, acrylics, oils or collages all on paper, canvas, canvas board or illustration board.
- Bring your Mini-Masters to the monthly SOAA meetings. Marlene Ott and Kathy Paré will collect them.
- The fundraising committee and friends will mount the artwork in 8×10 mats with backing board and place in a clear envelope bag.
- Remember to sign your pieces within the 5×7 area.
- Feel free to submit your business cards with the Mini-Masters and they will be inserted in the bags.
- Mini-Masters can be purchased for gifts, favors, prizes and souvenirs. Local subjects tend to sell well.
- If you have something already painted or printed that does not fit in that 5×7 2D size, please submit it matted with backing and a clear plastic envelope. But in keeping with the theme Mini-Masters, please keep it close to the general size.
Additional individual benefits!
- Members will receive 1 point per each unique (non-duplicate) Mini-Master submitted. However, duplicates will be happily accepted. Mini-Master points will be counted toward “Artist of the Year” as a tiebreaker. In case of a tie, the member who has the most mini-points would win.
- The member with the most Mini-Master points at the end of the year will win an award.
Visit us on Facebook ~ South Oakland Art Association